A properly balanced attic ventilation system will…
- Remove excess heat and moisture to protect your roof from premature deterioration.
- Prevent roof rot in your attic or roof deck.
- Minimize peeling and extend the life of exterior and interior paint.
- Limit the growth of harmful mold.
- Safeguard your attic possessions against mildew and damage.
- Guard against ice damming in harsh winter climates.
- May reduce excessive heating and air conditioning costs.
Keep in mind that every roof and attic must be inspected by a professional roofing contractor that can determine the proper type of ventilation system that is most effective for your home! Not every roof is a good candidate for ridge vent. Effective attic ventilation is critical for a long-lasting roof. Be sure that ridge vent is the most effective type of ventilation for your home by having a professional roofing contractor do a full attic and roof inspection.
If you have a “Gable” style roof, Ridge Vents would be your best choice because…
- They look terrific!…Shingle over design blends into your ridge line.
- Watertight…Passes the 110 mph wind-driven rain test.
- Insect Guard…Specially-designed louver spacing helps keep insects out
- Energy efficient…May even reduce your utility bills.
- Durable…Designed with high impact polymers.
Here is a comparison between different types of ventilation options: